I had hoped that the midpoint of this project would be a bit more momentous, but here it is, and I can’t let it pass without acknowledging it. I need to reflect on the main things that have happened so far:
- I’ve had my first job offer. Yes, the salary was super low, but an offer is an offer.
- I’ve changed the rules of my own game. At some point, I realized that other things besides the applications themselves are really important. So now I’m counting interviews and other tasks as valid parts of the journey.
- I’ve been invited to travel for an interview. And I have a ticket.
- I’ve realized that some jobs just aren’t worth it.
- I’ve learned a lot about the power of body language and facial expressions as they relate to confidence.
That’s pretty good for being only halfway.
Today’s task was packing. I picked a comfortable, professional outfit that won’t need ironing – no small task, actually. Most outfits have something wrong with them, and I didn’t want to spend money on something new, so I was shopping my own closet. I came up with a textured pencil skirt, a knit blouse, and low heels. The heels are dark purple, so they’re a little bit on the artsy side, but everything else is super conservative. I think that’s the right mix.